Wednesday, May 25, 2011

"Homer's Odyssey"

Today I digress away from recipes,food and kitchen tips.

Today I just have to tell you about Homer.



"Homer's Odyssey", by Gwen Cooper is such a good read!

Sometimes the hubs and I like to dip into a book together. And it's fun...but I'm not the best at reading out loud and our schedules get busy and well, sometimes it can take several weeks to get through just one book.

But not so with Homer.

Not only did I not mind reading this book out loud, I made sure that we read some of it every day.

We usually take turns with the reading, but the writing style of this author is so good and the subject is so interesting that it was a breeze to go through. And I did all of the reading...except for one chapter...

I tried to do it, but I started to choke up and quickly handed it over, as the hubs says, "I threw him under the bus with that one".

If you read the book for yourself, you will know which chapter I'm talking about. And it's probably not what you're thinking.

I just can't sing the high praises of this story enough. We laughed out loud and we were brought to tears with this true account of a blind cat named Homer and all of the adventures he shared with his "person" Gwen Cooper.

From his initial illness which lead to his blindness, to his adoption by Gwen, to his introduction into a home with two other cats, to various moves, to 9-11, and to Gwen's marriage...well this is just one awesome story.

So run, don't walk to your nearest library or bookstore or click on the link above and get yourself a copy of this book.

Then you can make yourself something great to sip on, perhaps a skinny mocha, curl up and enjoy the journey.

And that is this gal's view for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment