Monday, June 13, 2011

Quick and Easy Barbecue Chicken Sandwiches

Some nights just scream for quick and easy. It's either that or the fast food restaurant on the nearest corner. I, myself, prefer to avoid that choice. Whatever I can make is sure to be cheaper and healthier.

But it does require planning. Without a plan in place you will wind up grabbing take out.

I like to keep a collecton of really quick, go to recipes so I always have an idea of what to fix for dinner on one of those harried nights. And I like to look ahead and make sure that I have the proper ingredients for those recipes.

And many times that includes chicken.

I like to buy the "Just Chicken" from Trader Joe's or you can grab a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store.

Using as much of the chicken as your family will eat, cut it into bite size pieces and heat with barbecue sauce. I use Trader Joe's barbecue sauce because it doesn't have high fructose corn syrup in it. When the meat is hot serve with toasted hamburger buns and more of the sauce.

For a quick side dish set out cut up veggies with your favorite dip.

Now how easy is that? If you have planned ahead and have the ingredients on hand isn't it easier, cheaper, and healthier than the drive thru?

And that is this gal's view for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment