Friday, May 27, 2011

Fabulous Friday

If you are anything like me you love to read recipes.

I have a personal library of cookbooks, a huge stack of Everyday Food magazines, I'm always picking up a new cookbook from the library and that doesn't even take into account all of the food blogs and cooking sites I find on the internet.

It's fun to read all of those different recipes. It's like a hobby for me.

But too much of even a good thing is too much!

The problem comes in trying to remember where a dish I really would like to try is located!

And that is where this Friday's tip comes in.

A 3 ring binder!

What could be simplier?

I keep 2, 3 ring binders. One is larger than the other. In the smaller one I keep a running list of recipes I would like to try. I record what book or magazine they are from and the page number. If I find a recipe on the internet that looks good I copy it and stick it into a plastic sheet and then into the smaller binder. I also list it on the list and state it's loction as notebook.

Then when I am in the mood to try something new I just review my list and can easily find the recipe.

Once I've tried it and if I like it, it gets recorded in my "Cook It and Don't Forget It" journal.



If it's an internet recipe it gets moved from the small binder into the larger binder and then recorded in the journal as located in notebook.

If I don't like it, it gets filed into the circular file never to be thought of again.

And that is this gal's view for today.

Have a wonderful weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment