Thursday, March 17, 2011

Simple pleasures...

It's true. Sometimes all we can do is to make the best of...

And it's those times when we have to go out of our way to find the simple pleasures.

We can choose to focus on what is not right. Or we can choose to find what is. The choice is always ours to make.

I don't know about you, but I want to choose the later rather than the former.

I don't want to be glum. I want to find the joy in the day.

One way of doing that is with favorite things. We all have our favorite things.

One of mine is a large scented candle which sits in the center of the coffee table in my living room. Right now it is green and smells like cucumber and melon. I didn't have to pay a lot for it and it lasts a long time.

I may not have the finest furniture or the nicest carpet. But my house smells delicious. And that is especially comforting after a fish dinner. Because who wants to smell fish 2 or 3 hours after the fact?

Another favorite thing of mine is the new nail polish I just tried. I usually don't bother with nail polish because it chips so easily and I don't like the look of chipped nail polish. And I'm so fussy with it. If it doesn't look just right and perfectly applied I don't like it. And it always smears when I'm waiting for it to dry. But I found one that I love! It goes on smoothly and it dries quickly and if it chips I can just go over it with a few swipes and it still looks good. It looks salon done!

So I can't afford to buy new clothes right now. And some days I'm so bored with the ones I own. But I can afford to have great looking nails. And that changes my outlook and cheers me up!

From time to time I'd like to post some of my other favorite things. And I'd also love to hear about yours!

And that is this gal's view for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment