Friday, May 6, 2011

Fabulous Friday

Today may be Friday, but I'm not sure that it's fabulous.

At least not anything to do with my computer.

The desktop that I work on is old. Very old. And as of late, has been running slower and slower.

Yesterday the shelf that pulls out and holds my keyboard let loose and came crashing to the ground. Shelf, keyboard, mouse, and all.

So here I sit, starring into the screen of this impossibly slow, old computer with a mouse who's cord is hardly long enough any more and the keyboard on my lap.

That's the bad news.

The good news is that I have a newer computer sitting on my next right next to the old one. Which explains why I have no space for my mouse or my keyboard.

The newer computer is a hand me down from the hub's office. And even though it is used it will be much better than the old one.

But it's not hooked up yet. And I need to keep the old one for a bit so I can transfer my information to the newer one, once it is hooked up.

Does that make sense?

So in all of that what I am trying to say it that today's tip will be short even though it turns out that this post is not.

Today's tip concerns empty jars. Empty jars of mustard, jams, mayonnaise, whatever it might be.

Scrape out whatever you can and save the jar (in the fridge) for the next time you make a dressing or a marinade. Mix the dressing or marinate together in the empty jar. Make sure it's one that uses the content of the jar as an ingredient. And then shake it all together.

You will not only have a container for your sauce, but you will for sure be getting every last bit out of that used jar. And in this day and age that's always a good thing.


So I hope you found today's tip to be useful. And I hope to be up and running on my newer computer when I meet with you all again on Monday.

Have a great weekend. And Happy Mother's Day!!

And that is this gal's view for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment