Not only is garlic good. It's good for you!
Now I've read that raw garlic affords the most benefits, but cooked garlic has value too.
So how about roasted garlic!!
I made some last night and it was awesome. Everyone loved it and agreed that the only problem with it is that there wasn't enough of it.
Here's what I did, using my new garlic roaster.
1. Grab a head of garlic.
2. Peel off as much of the outer layers as you can.
3. Cute the top of the head off.
4. Pour olive oil over the top.
5. Salt and pepper to taste.
6. Place in the roaster, cover, and roast in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for about 50 minutes.
You have to be careful with the roaster. It will be hot and slippery so put it on a cookie sheet so you don't have to touch it when you take it out of the oven.
Be sure to let it cool before you remove the lid.
When it is ready break it apart just squeeze the garlic out of the cloves. We used this instead of butter on our baguette. It was so good! You can also eat it straight up or use it in mashed potatoes. I think we'll try that next.
Oh, and if you don't have a garlic roaster you can just use foil instead.
And that is this gal's view for today.