Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Fried Rice

Continuing on our quest to use up all the Easter ham, tonight's dinner will be fried rice. The only ingredient I had to shop for was mushrooms.

Fried Rice

cooked rice (I cooked 1 & 1/2 cups of rice earlier in the day)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
mushrooms, chopped, as many or as few as you'd like
leftover ham,chicken, or steak, cubed
handful of peas, more or less, to taste
soy sauce, to taste
2 eggs

I use my wok for this dish, but a large skillet will also work well. Heat oil in wok until hot. Add onion and garlic and cook until soft. Add mushrooms and cook until browned. Add meat and cook till heated through. Add rice and soy sauce. Continue to cook and stir. Add peas. Meanwhile break eggs into a small bowl and beat with a fork, pour into a hot, oiled skillet and cook on both sides. Turn cooked eggs onto a cutting board and chop. Add the eggs to the rice mixture. Cook and stir some more and serve right away.


This is a great, quick meal idea and also works well as a leftover for lunch the next day.

And that is this gal's view for today.

1 comment:

  1. I love fried rice and will even have it for breakfast when I have leftovers in the refrigerator. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete