Friday, February 25, 2011

Contenment

Contentment, an adjective defined as "mentally or emotionally satisfied with things as they are..."

That's what I want for my life.

To be content.

God tells us it is a good thing to be content.

"Nevertheless, each one should retain the place in life that the
Lord assigned to him and to which God has called him. This is the rule I
lay down in all the churches" ~ 1 Corinthians 7:17


But why is is so difficult?

Why does the grass always seem to be greener on the other side?

God warns us about comparing ourselves and wanting what others have.

"A tranquil heart gives life to the flesh,but envy makes the bones rot." ~
Proverbs 14:31


I don't want rotting bones.

I want to find joy in what I have.

There is lots of joy to be found.

So why I do I look beyond the joy?

Why can't I just rejoice in the joy?

Any why do I worry?

God says,

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition,
with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. " ~ Philippians 4:6

I need to take this advice. I need to not worry.

It is an offense to God who has promised to meet all my needs...not my wants, but my needs.

And my needs are met...on a daily basis, but not always my wants.

I need to learn how to be content and thankful in the moment I'm in when I'm in it.

I don't need to fill the moment with unnecessary worry and discontent.

I need to be more like Paul...

"...for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances." ~ Philippians 4:11

And that is this gal's view for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment